Let’s examine this simple title first? ‘Impact Fix’ is ‘Passive, Static , Getting Ready’ to make golf swing perfection! ‘Impact’ is the ‘Active, Kinetic or Dynamic Moment Of Truth’ … the high-speed collision between the ‘Clubhead Center Of Mass’ (Sweet Spot) and the Golf Ball, which is also a ‘Object Mass’ designed to be ‘Released or Hit-Away’! You can imagine a 300+ yard Driver strike!
The “Fix” is like ‘Fixing Something to get done!’ … not too unlike getting the ‘Pie Fixins’ needed to make that cherry pie a la mode! (see ‘Components, Elements or Ingredients’)
“Impact Fix” is your amazing ‘Dress Rehearsal’. It is the process of simulating the ‘Component Conditions’ required to make the golf strike happen. Your ‘555 Team’ refers to these conditions as ‘Protocols’ involving ‘The 5 Set-Ups’ (Posture, Grip, Stance, Ball Location & Alignment’) and ‘The 5 Essential Elements’ (Clubface Aim, Clubhead Path, Clubhead Speed, Sweet Spot & Angle of attack’.)
What are our other ‘Component Conditions’ for the “Driver Impact” … Moment Of Truth?
- A little Aft Tilt,
- Some Forward Inclination and Knee Flex,
- Square Brace Foot,
- Flared Target Foot (Steer So You Can Clear),
- Brace Shoulder, Elbow, Hip and Knee Vertically ‘In Line’,
- a little ‘Forward Press’ in your Hands,
- Flat Target Wrist Hinge,
- Ball Teed Up well forward … even just outside of your Target Foot … May be as much as 5 to 8 inches forward of your Target Scapula, (You ideally want to strike the ball with an ascending blow so as to produce a balanced ‘Parabolic Flight Shape’. This accomplishes the maximized ‘Spin Rates and Distance’. You want about 2100 to 2500 Y Axis Under Spin Rate. This forward Ball Location will also tend to induce some ‘Closed Draw X Axis Side Spin Rate … useful when you have a ‘Fade Slice Cross Wind’. One is well-advised to remember that all golf strikes, even the well teed-up Driver Ball, are ‘Down, Out, Forward & Through. [DOFT] The golf ball is always at the Bottom Of Swing Arc [BOSA]),
- Be aware as to what affect your ‘Alignment’ has on ‘Impact’. A closed Alignment with a square swing down the Target Line invites a ‘Draw Hook Ball Flight Shape’,
- Through the ‘Impact & Separation Zone (Swing Sequence #8), your Brace Lever travels from the ‘Bent to the Straightened Configuration’,
- You are well-served to accomplish Swing Sequence #9 post separation when both Lever Assemblies are actually ‘Straight or Extended’. This only happens twice in an entire Full Golf Swing. The first occasion is at ‘Impact Fix’
- Your #3 Pressure Point is the brace second joint or segment of your index finger pressed against the golf club handle. This pressure actually controls or closes the ‘Toe Of The Clubhead’. Thus your #3 Pressure Point helps to control the ‘Clubface Aim’.
- Always ‘Sweep The Sole Of The Clubhead flatly out the back door … Low & Slow, Deep Flat & Wide!
Enough details to digest for now!