We all know how important ‘Making Putts’ is in the grand scheme of playing and scoring in golf. This simplest, foundational stroke is responsible for between 35% and 50% of you carded numbers. Your ‘Short Game’ is another 15% to 20%. How many golfers have made more than 40 or even 50 putts in a single round of 18 holes? Improving on that stat is so very easy and predictable. What is preventing your ‘Working Smart’ at putting better?
Remember, ‘A Chip Is A Putt With A Hop!’ Thus, working on your ‘Putting’ invariably helps making Chips and even Bump & Runs. “Pitter Patter, Better Get At ‘Er!”
Things to do while preparing and putting in the wind …
- Use your very smart ‘8 Step Putting & Chipping Pre-Shot Routine’ (PSR)
- Read the ‘Ball Rolling Line’ (BRL) appropriately for the wind and all normal factors.
- Set-Up Lower and More Under The Wind … “Hunker Down”
- Build More Stability by ‘Widening Your Stance’
- Generally get ‘Lower To The Ground’
- Add more ‘Forward Inclination’ (body mass closer to the grass)
- Hold your elbows more firmly to your sides
- Steer With Your Target Elbow (Directional Control and Release are very important)
- Use your ‘Ball Aiming Line’ and ‘Captain Eyes’ optimally
- Use your ‘Intermediate Target’ (15 inches in front of the ball)
- See Your ‘Ball Rolling Line’ and ‘Clocking Entry Points’
- Carefully control you ‘Stroke Length and Ball Rolling Speed’ (Energy Maintenance)
- Think Positively (expect to make your Putts)
Putting is a very delicate and deliberate process. Become professional about your mechanics.
The 555 Golf Academy provides world-class training proven to provide immediate, dramatic, and lasting results. Join the Locker Room and get access to over 1200 professional golfing articles and videos - only $8.33 per month.